Adoption Support Resources
When you are adopted, it is helpful to know people who “understand” and will support you . If you are planning on starting an adoption search, it’s a good time now to find an adoption group for support as a search can be both emotionally exhausting and wonderful at the same time.
There are many large organizations and smaller groups online.
National Adoption Organizations:
- Adoptee Rights Coalition
- American Adoption Congress
- Bastard Nation
- Origins USA
- Concerned United Birthparents
- Adoptees’ Liberty Movement Association
Online Adoption Groups:
- Adoption Threads
- Adult Adoptees
- Sunflowers Birthmother Support
- Adoptee and Birthparents Support on Facebook
Oklahoma Online Adoption Support Groups
- Oklahoma Open online and also on Facebook
- OKlaPOSTAdoptionSupportGroup Oklahoma Post AdoptionSupportGroup
- searchinginok · OKLAHOMA SEARCH & SUPPORT
- Oklahoma_Registry · This Registry is for everyone that was either adopted in Oklahoma or Born in Oklahoma
It’s also helpful to find a few adoption bloggers you can relate to. With Google, a whole community of people who understand what it is like are just a search away.
It’s also not a bad idea to see if you can find a local group that physically meets once in a while, go to one of the bigger organization’s conferences, or join your state groups that are trying to change the current adoption rights legislation.
It can take years to find your birth families, or it can take days You never know until you try.